Bible Influences on America!
A strong nation is not built on strong local communities as some have said, but on strong families. When the community is emphasized at the expense of the family, social problems develop that are beyond the power of a democracy to solve.
The only alternatives are total anarchy or total dictatorship. Either one becomes God’s judgment on a nation for rejecting the principles and the standards of the Bible.
Under a dictatorship, families lose their freedom to openly worship God because the dictator becomes the new “god”. See the history of Israel’s captivities – Daniel 3:1-30.
In our day we are seeing an assault on the family. We must become aware of these sources so that we can wisely build a spiritual wall of protection around the family and use the family as a strong base to turn our nation back to God.
1. Fathers lose biblical convictions.
2. Parents neglect family responsibilities.
3. Men and women demand more rights.
4. Government provides more services and greater taxation.
5. Agencies get more powerful and establish more controls over every area of life.
6. The US Constitution which protects our freedoms becomes subordinate to arbitrary laws made by bureaucratic officials.
God’s Perfect Will is to be conformed to the image of Christ.
How? God gives every Christian grace (the desire and power) to be responsible in five areas:
1. Every thought: 2 Corinthians 10: 4-5
2. Every word: Matthew 12:36-37
3. Every action: 2 Corinthians 5:10
4. Every attitude: Romans 14:12-13
5. Every secret motive: Jeremiah 17:10
I the Lord search the heart; I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.
• If dads would have taken their sons fishing when they were young, they would not have to be hunting for them when they are old.
• The more rights that are given to children, the more authority is taken from parents and given to government to protect those rights. Soon, parents become inferior servants to the “protective agencies” of the ruling elite.
Proverbs 22:6, Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart.
• Two symptoms that a nation has been deceived are:
(1) Negative reactions to law enforcement and
(2) A greater protection of the criminals than their victims.
Those who have been deceived give more sympathy to the criminals than to the victim. They identify with the criminals in deciding what is right and wrong based on their own situations.
• When the “community” is emphasized at the expense of the family, social problems develop that are beyond any government’s ability to solve.
Isaiah 5: 20, Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.
1Timothy 2: 1-2, Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, 2 for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence.
Former President Ronald Reagan said,
If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, we will be a nation gone under.
SO WHAT CAN WE DO ABOUT IT?
2 Chronicles 7:14, If my people, who are called by name, will humble themselves, pray, seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven, forgive their sins and heal their land.
Not sure how to pray? Listen and sing with me a new prayer-song that I wrote, “Teach Me How to Pray!”
*Mr. Dozier is available for radio, print and TV interviews.*